Goodyear is one of the world's largest tire companies. A Fortune 500 company, we employ approximately 69,000 people and manufacture our products in 52 facilities in 22 countries around the world. We have built our foundation on a commitment to forward-thinking innovation, and our industry-leading new product engine helps us bring new products to market that feature the latest advances in materials and technologies. At Goodyear, we embrace the diversity of our workforce and value the contribution of our associates. We strive to provide associates with a safe work environment, the resources they need to do their jobs and ample opportunities for growth. These objectives, coupled with competitive compensation and benefits, allow us to foster an environment where associates can work to achieve their full potential and contribute to the company's success. Goodyear's Global Technology organization is responsible for delivering high-quality products and growing Goodyear's innovation capability globally. Goodyear's technical organization consists of 2,200 associates worldwide. Development work occurs in two Goodyear Innovation Centers, including Akron, Ohio and Luxembourg; with development centers in Hanau, Germany and Pulandian, China. For more information, go to www.goodyear.com/ corporate.
The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company, headquartered in Akron, Ohio, is looking for talented leaders to significantly strengthen its global leadership depth and play an integral role in the current and future success of the organization. The Global Technology Co-op/Intern Program provides engineering and science students with practical work experience in one of many diverse areas of Global Technology such as: Global Engineering & Manufacturing Technology, Global Material Science, Global Tire & Mold Engineering, Global Tire Performance Prediction, Global Quality. The program allows the organization to build a pipeline of candidates for future permanent openings, and the students gain a better understanding of the various job opportunities available throughout Goodyear.
Ideally, many of the Global Technology co-ops and interns become permanent Goodyear associates after graduation.
In addition to challenging, engaging and interesting work assignments, students have the opportunity to meet and interact with students from other universities at work and outside of work. Tours of Goodyear facilities are arranged to help students learn more about the business. Goodyear leaders make presentations to help students begin to think about significant business issues and career options. Students even have the opportunity to speak with the Goodyear Senior Leadership Team.
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor's Degree in the following areas: Currently pursuing a Bachelor's Degree in the following areas: Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Construction, Engineering Technology (Mechanical, Electrical, Facilities), Industrial Engineering, Civil Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Materials Science, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Polymer Science, Polymer Engineering, Polymer.
- Minimum 3.0 GPA strongly preferred
- Must have completed first year of classes (incoming sophomore level or higher)
- Prior engineering co-op/internship experience strongly preferred
- Demonstrated leadership and strong communication skills