Goodyear is one of the world's largest tire companies. It employs about 66,000 people and manufactures its products in 49 facilities in 22 countries around the world. Its two Innovation Centers in Akron, Ohio and Colmar-Berg, Luxembourg strive to develop state-of-the-art products and services that set the technology and performance standard for the industry. For more information about Goodyear and its products, go to www.goodyear.com/corporate.
Goodyear is looking to create a strong Global Innovation practice and is looking for a Design Innovation Intern to be a part of its Global Innovation Team. The Global Innovation Team is responsible for identifying new business opportunities, selecting appropriate business models for the same, incubating and scaling the opportunities to final market launch. This position will be expected to support customer focused concept engagements which will be instrumental in identifying and recommending value propositions for Goodyear to take to market.
* 1-2 years previous work experience in a fast moving consumers good, health care, electronics or IT company in the area of ideation and creation of value propositions.
* Pursuing a M.S (Design or equivalent) or M.B.A.
* Bachelor's degree in design (including research, planning, systems, product or services), business, science, engineering or related field of study required.
* This position requires a working knowledge of Primary Research (ethnography, intercept, in person, etc).
* Demonstrated experience in ideation and portfolio management to drive the commercialization of new products, processes and services.
* Prior work in designing value propositions around product, service, communications and systems for diverse groups of users
* Design analysis and synthesis
* Behavioral prototyping
* Conducting and leading workshops around brainstorming in groups
* Secondary research
* Digital, video & physical presentation of findings
* Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and/or strong visualization skills
* Support project framing by fully internalize business needs, user requirements, market and technology considerations
* Utilize ideation techniques to explore new opportunities
* Support primary research activities, including ethnography, focus groups and other consumer insights collection related activities
* Participate in the design, prototyping and testing of user centered value propositions