You don't just want a job. You want an opportunity to be part of something special. A career at Spirit AeroSystems is that and more. This is where employees every day are given the chance to Dream Big and Make It Fly!
Spirit is a recognized leader in the global aerostructures market. Our customers are some of the best known aerospace manufacturers in the business. That means our employees work with exciting technologies and materials to design and build some of the world's most popular aircraft. If you are looking for a company where you can make an impact right away, sharpen your skills, and be part of a dynamic culture, Spirit is the place for you. Teamwork is essential. Diversity is more than just a slogan. Initiative and innovation are valued. Our employees are leaders in community involvement and civic responsibility. Our company has a reputation for strengthening the communities where we live and work.
Lays out, assembles, pre-fits, and bonds a variety of metal, composite or laminate fabrications, assemblies, parts, skins or equipment. Follows engineering and manufacturing specifications and orders to determine parts to be bonded and the temperature and pressure required. Cuts parts or materials to size. Operates autoclave, hydraulic presses and ovens to complete the bonding cycle. Sands, burrs and smoothes over areas. Applies sealing resins to cut or exposed edges. Process methods and sequences vary depending on compounds, contours and lay-up transitions. May perform complicated rework or repair. May monitor and verify quality in accordance with controlled procedures.
The Company will provide appropriate assistance in job training to enable employees to perform all necessary job functions including the following:
1. Utilize lay-up tools, which include both optical and hard tools, in the fabrication of composite and metal assemblies.
2. Obtain required information from prints, charts, sketches, work orders, documents, verbal and electronic information.
3. Use shop mathematics and precision measuring instruments to complete work assignments.
4. Must verify work performed is per work instruction and meets process and/or engineering specification.
5. Ensure equipment and tool certification occurs per procedure.
6. Use and control of solvents and cleaning solutions in the preparation of details, tools, and assemblies for bonding and paint per established procedures.
7. Perform routine minor machine maintenance as part of their daily work duties.
8. Routinely move product within the immediate manufacturing work area, including across isle, using shop assigned equipment as required and complete transactions necessary to move product to the next operation. On an exception basis, moves product to the next operation within a building.
9. Support the continuous flow of product within the manufacturing process by training and assisting other employees.
10. Trains to become MVP qualified.
In addition, each employee may be asked, on occasion, to complete other duties and responsibilities as required by Spirit leadership. Training and certification will be provided for the additional work when required.