Wingfoot Commercial Tire Systems, LLC is a wholly owned subsidiary of The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company. Wingfoot is the commercial tire sales, service and retreading market leader with over 180 Wingfoot Commercial Tire Centers and Wingfoot Truck Care Centers located across the United States. We have the unique ability to service the largest nation-wide commercial fleets while also providing friendly hometown service to regional and local fleets. Our mission statement is "SERVICE EXCELLENCE - ALWAYS".
Wingfoot offers a safe work environment, competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, prescription drug and dental plans, life insurance, 401(k), paid vacation and holidays. If you are looking for more than a job, then apply today to begin your career with the commercial tire market leader!
We are an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
As a Commercial Service Technician you will work at a Wingfoot Commercial Tire Center and be responsible for all aspects of tire and related service and repair for the commercial trucking industry including but not limited to:
- Dismount and mount any type of tire on drop center, semi-drop center and multi-piece rims.
- Determine repairable tire conditions and make such repairs.
- Remove tires for retreading or repair.
- Match mating of dual assemblies.
- Inflation of tires to prescribed PSI per load requirements.
- Clean and maintain service equipment.
- Proper execution of required billing documents.
- Proper maintenance of assigned service vehicle including appearance as well as on board service equipment.
The qualified individual must be willing and able to drive a service vehicle to where a customer is having a problem, and be able to repair or replace their tire(s) as needed. Job duties may be performed at the Wingfoot location, at customer locations and on service calls on the side of a highway. This position operates in all types of indoor and outdoor work environments, therefore exposure to heat and cold is to be expected.
Excellent safety and attendance performance is expected.